Wednesday 30 November 2011

Career Development Loan... denied... for now...

I heard back from the Career Development Loan and they said that they have denied me it so I called them and they said its because on the statements I sent I had once gone overdrawn by £2 and received a £25 bank charge but if I applied again once it is off my statements the would be no problem in receiving it but that means waiting another 2 & 1/2 months. I'm totally gutted about it and was angry at first because the thing that made me go overdrawn wasn't meant to go out that day and its such a small amount. After that I was depressed for quite a while, hence my silence on here recently. But I am going to do what they suggested as learning is important to me.

You may ask why tell you this but I figured that if anyone else is thinking of applying they can avoid the pain I've been through because you know you will fail if you any bank charges on your statement. I am also now applying for an account with Barclays so it will be quicker and easier to apply as they can tell you over the phone there and then if you are accepted or not.

I still want to be on the Winter term though so I asked Victoria for an extension for the payment date and I am allowed till December 16th. I'm selling what I can to fund the first term and hopefully I'll hear back from the AM loans adviser, Amiko to see if they have any other ideas as to how I can raise the funds for it.

4 comments:

wQazi said...

My loan was denied too. Animation mentor wont be happening me for at least another term, but I can promise you that I'll become a damn good animator in the mean time.

Emma Williams said...

Well, at least if I don't get the money together I can look forward to the possibility that we will be classmates :)
Do you have a website or blog that you post on too? Would love to see your stuff :D

wQazi said...

how annoying, I had no idea there was a new comment until I came and checked myself :P My current portfolio site, www.wQazi.com, only shows my web design work. Still working at an animation portfolio. Do you use twitter? I'm @wasequeqazi, would be cool to bounce our animation experiences back and forth

MAJA said...

Hi Emma!

Many many thanks for sharing your experience with Career Development Loan in here. I am planning to apply soon and have no idea how to start. Is there any help from Am side with the loan? Or should I go directly to Barklays or Cooperative to check if I can get it? Have no clue how it works... Any help and tips - much appreciated! :)

Maja

Post a Comment