Monday 8 August 2011

Shading and Lighting Assignment

Our next assignment was to add shading.ie. colour, which as you know I did last week. Looks like I took my assignment to the next level last week by accident but meant I had less to do this week. I did put the room into a box and gave it windows and a door hole. I also fixed the 180 degree rule I broke but I am still having a problem where the eyes are just white, will check with Said as to why that is but at least the Mental Ray fixed the crazy pink head problem.

The other half of the assignment was lighting. I've never been very good at lighting so I found this hard. I can make lights and I know which type of light is best for representing a certain thing. Such as Point Lights as lightbulbs or Directional Lights as the sun. I put 2 Directional Lights outside the windows to be the sun shining through and a Point Light for the ceiling light.


I also made a Rocket shape floor lamp and put a blue Point Light inside it. I thought it would give a bit of interest to the scene. Just for fun I made it dark in the room with just the rocket light too. Oh and you will notice I re-positioned the baby. I just imagined it in the crib trying to reach for the rocket.




Said also kindly used me as an example to show how different light will effect a person as I was sat in my mums kitchen the was a window behind me and the door to the garden was open on my right so me on webcam was a good example. I just had to stay very still as he drew on me to explain what he meant. He then got a bit carried away and gave me a moustache and glasses. As you can see below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment