Tuesday 16 August 2011

Graph Editor & Bouncing Balls

So we are in Week 8 and this week the is again 2 assignments. The first is to make a ball bounce and to do this I had to use the graph editor a lot. I did at first use the ball rig we were given but for some reason the was no squash or scale controls in the channel box so I started again but this time I used a ball rig I had gotten from the online Escape Studios course I did as it has squash controls. It is quite a lot different to the AM rig as I find it easier to control as Escape put handy control handles on the ball. You can see the difference in the image below.


Any way, after we had one ball bouncing, we had to save it as another name and then import one of the ball bounce files into the other so I then had a second ball doing exactly the same thing. But the second ball needed to bounce a little different than the first so I had to change it. This class really taught me a lot about the graph editor and what it does although I had learned it before it was good to have a refresher and to find out a few new things.

What my graph editor looks like after one bounce (with Translate X & Y selected)

The reason the is a tiny bump in the middle is because I was taught in my Escape course that it is better to make your ball be forced to touch the floor on the frame before it lands so in this case it landed on frame 10 so I forced it to the floor on frame 9 by key framing the Translate X & Y to 0 but with the stretch still on but then still squashes on frame 10. It did mess up the path but I fixed this by using the graph editor and making it look like it does above. This just makes it easier to read the squash on the floor. As you can see in my video below.



What my graph editor looks like after four bounces (with Squash Bottom selected)

What my graph editor looks like after four bounces (with Squash Top selected)



And here is what my four bounces looks like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment