Wednesday 17 August 2011

Fixed the ball

I fixed my ball. I noticed that the ball was stretching too early and that the bounces were like it was heading into wind so I checked the graph editor and i had forgotten to make the stretches ease in and out so I did that and noticed a missing stretch so fixed that too. I then changed the bounces in the graph editor too so now I think its lots better. Below is my 1 ball bouncing from a side view and below that is with a copy of it imported into the original but at a different angle so you can see both balls.



Please comment if you notice anything I have missed.


Some comments from my classmates

Charlie - Nice job Emma! Couple things that I noticed:

1. Turn off the grid for your playblasts, it'll make things easier to see.
2. Zoom the image in more. Don't forget you can Alt, L, M, and R buttons to make it fit better. You want to be as close to the action as possible to see it clearly.
3. For now I'd take out the stretch and squash and get comfortable with your timing and spacing. Remember each bounce the ground is taking away some of the energy from the bounce so it shouldn't keep bouncing full force.
4. The ball speeds up pretty fast then suddenly slows down as its traveling across the screen. It should gradually get slower along the way.
5. Each subsequent bounce should be around 70% less than the previous one give or take. Bow your curves out on the graph editor and break your tangents for more control.

Love how you thought outside the box by having the ball bounce down the steps, nice thinking! Good luck!

Marcelo - Nice!
Just watch out ball skidding on frame 94.


Said also did this drawing on top of someones work to explain how a ball should bounce. I thought I'd post it as it will be helpful for people who read this blog and myself in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment